What is Online Reputation Management(ORM)?
Online Reputation Management(ORM) is a process of controlling an individual’s or group’s reputation on the online platform.
ORM is all about identifying and cleaning any damaged content about your company on online platforms like google results, social media posts and other places.
ORM also deals about promoting positive content that helps your company look great online.
Importance of Online Reputation Management
- Build Trust
- Increase in Sales
- Word of mouth travels fast
- Correct the miscommunications
- Build credibility
- Hold back the customers
- Make customers happy
Can reputation be managed?
You cannot make everyone happy. There will always be someone who will say bad things about you no matter what you do. All it takes is to go on any online platform like twitter or google and leave a bad comment about you. But still “YES” reputation can be managed.
There is no lie detector it is all about how you plan your brand awareness and how you deal when something goes wrong.
Why ORM matters?
- Customers believe other customers.
- Learn from mistakes.
- Engagement: Always respond to your reviews be it a positive or a negative review.
- Investors also look up to the online reviews.
- Employees tend to work for companies which have a better reputation.
- People look up to you online and judge based on what they see.
- Any review will stay forever and thus we need to make sure it doesn’t harm us now or later.
- Having good content online helps to grow your brand and business.
Steps to manage your online reputation
- Be Prepared: Always be ready for possible reputation damage. Always have a crisis team to effectively manage your reputation.
- Set Google Alerts: Do set google alerts for your name and get a notification every time you or your company is mentioned anywhere on the internet.
- List all the possible risks: Just brainstorm with all the departments in your company and list all the possible things that would damage or harm your reputation in different scenarios.
- Display contact information: Make sure you display your contact information so that the unhappy customers can easily get back to you.
- Tracking and Brand Monitoring: Keep an eye on all the online platforms.
- Buy your negative keyword domain name: Always buy domains like company-name-reviews.com, company-name-testimonials.com, company-name-complaints.com and rank it on the first page of SERP. Make sure you not only avoid damage but also improve your reputation by displaying good testimonials and reviews about your company.
- Interact with your audience in all available platforms. This makes you more trustworthy.
- Listen and respond to all the reviews and complaints.
- Do apologise if the mistake is from your side and possibly give something in return like cashback, offer or some free goodies to compensate for your mistake.
- Invest in reputation development: You should invest in time and money to increase or at least to avoid damage to your reputation.
- Add more positive content: Sometimes it is not possible to remove negative reviews. In such cases just make sure you add an excessive amount of good reviews and push down the bad reviews.
Internet is your best friend if your reputation is good else it is your worst enemy.
Want to know the importance of branding? Click here
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! 🙂
Thanks a lot!!
I precisely wanted to thank you so much once again. I do not know the things that I could possibly have gone through in the absence of the type of secrets shown by you on that problem. Previously it was a real hard difficulty for me personally, nevertheless noticing a new specialised form you managed the issue made me to jump over fulfillment. I’m just happier for the support and as well , expect you comprehend what a powerful job you are always undertaking instructing the rest all through a web site. I know that you have never come across all of us.
Whats Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & aid different customers like its helped me. Great job.
Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.